What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient healing art that has been practised in China and other Eastern countries for thousands of years. It aims to treat the whole person and restore the balance between the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual. Acupuncture treats a wide range of conditions through it's power to stimulate the body's natural healing energy known as a Qi.
By stimulating your own Qi- energy acupuncture restores the natural balance of health (between the yin and yang energies) , allowing your body and mind to function as well as nature wants.
This therapeutic method uses the insertion of fine sterilised needles into specific points in the body to improve the function of certain organs, remove energy blockages, strenghten all systems and stimulate the natural tissue regeneration process in your body. Scientific research has proven that the body responds to the needle by producing its own natural substances such as endorphins, specific hormones, prostaglandins, T-cells, gamma globulins and overall antibodies, which control pain, reduce inflammation, improve function of the hormonal system, and promote the natural body’s healing process.
Since these substances are produced by your own body there are no side-effects of using acupuncture when compared to using prescription drugs. Acupuncture has a 2000 year history of successfully treating musculoskeletal, digestive, emotional disorder, and many other conditions.
WHO (World Health Organisation)
recognises acupuncture as an effective treatment for a wide range of diseases:
- Musculoskeletal: Acute and Chronic Injuries, Arthritis, Sciatica, Back or Neck Pain, Sprains, Tendonitis, Frozen Shoulder, Slipped Disc, Tennis Elbow, RSI
- Emotional: Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia, Irritability, Depression, Grief, Sadness, Panic Attacks, Anger management, Addictions, Weight loss support
- Digestive disorders, IBS, Constipation, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Weight loss support, Excessive hunger
- Female Specific: PMT, Irregular/Painful Periods, Cystitis, Infertility, Post Natal Depression, Menopause, Anemia, Libido problems
- General: Tiredness, Insomnia, Headaches/Migraines, Tonsillitis, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Bronchitis, Cough, Hypertension, Common Cold, Tinnitus, Asthma, Skin Problems( Acne, Psoriasis), Addictions, MS , Urinary tract infection, Prostatitis ,Impotence
Physio & Acupuncture
Combined therapy consisting of Physio and Acupuncture is one of the best methods to treat musculoskeletal and neuromuscular dysfunctions, acute and chronic pain dysfunctions and sports injuries.
Massage & Acupuncture
Combined therapy consisting of Massage and Acupuncture is a great dynamic treatment to combat stress and muscle tension. After a relaxing unwinding massage, acupuncture is used to balance the internal emotions and tonify your Qi – energy in the whole body.