What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a science based health care profession concerned with helping to restore well-being to people following injury, pain or disabilities.
Physiotherapists use mainly physical means such as exercise, manipulation, mobilisation, massage and electrical modalities (ultrasound, laser, TENS, interferential).
Physio is useful in most musculoskeletal problems such as these seen in many common sports injuries. The aim of the treatment is to relieve pain, enhance movement and stimulate the healing process, to optimise function and allow more activity.
This involves an integrated knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and clinical techniques including:
- exercise therapy
- pain management
- postural re-education
Our physiotherapy service aims to:
- relieve pain
- improve movement and function
- provide preventative healthcare advice
Common conditions treated with physiotherapy:
- sports injuries (acute and chronic)
- repetitive strain injuries
- spinal problems ( whiplash, disc disorder, scoliosis)
- nerve pain, trapped nerve, sciatica
- neck pain, lower back pain
- muscular tension, neck stiffness, tension headaches
- thoracic and chest pain
- pelvic disorders, sacroiliac joint disfunction
- soft tissue injuries (ligament sprains, muscle strains)
- muscular pulls, tears
- hamstring, thigh, calf injury
- joint pain, arthritis
- hip and buttock pain, groin strain
- tendinopathy, tendinosis
- knee problems; (chondromalatia patella, runners knee, meniscal injury, cartilage damage, ligament injury, post surgery rehabilitation, patellar tendinopathy)
- shoulder pain; rotator cuff injuries, frozen shoulder, dislocated shoulder, impingement syndrome
- tennis elbow, golfers elbow
- wrist, hand and finger injuries
- post surgery recovery
- posture problems
Combined therapy: Physio & Acupuncture
Combined therapy consisting of Physio and Acupuncture is one of the best methods to treat musculoskeletal and neuromuscular dysfunctions, acute and chronic pain dysfunctions and sports injuries. Two in one treatment which really helps to speed up your recovery process.